Saturday, December 8, 2007

Saturday Snippets

The picture is a snap of the Christmas Tree in downtown Fort Worth. I got a quick snap of it. It is beautiful!!!
OK so my Saturday fell down the hill like an avalanche snow ball. I was all set to mow the yard and dig up some of my plants to transplant. Then guess what I did!!! I broke the mower. I stopped to take a break and the part where the pull
cord is popped off the mower. I suppose it will need new bolts and I may as well replace the cord while I have it all off. UGH I hate when fate throws the proverbial wrench in my day.
I finished my grandson's knit cap. Gawd I am proud of me....LOL It is knitted on circular needles so it was a very new experience for me. I hope he likes it!

I am almost finished with the felted bag I am making. The bag felted perfectly!!!
This is my recipe for felting in a front loader: (It works!)

I put my bag in the machine with 3 pairs of my plastic clog shoes. I put in laundry soap and washed on hot. I ran it for 2 cycles. after that, I threw it in the dryer. Now that may be a no no but it worked great for me! I cannot wait to post the finished project.

WIP:
my beaded bag
rectangular section for Warm up America (always on the hook)
scarf Angel Hair yarn
and any new project I can think of! LOL

Pain level today is about a 6 so I am off to relax. Blessings to you all and the ones you love.
Thought for today: Think of 3 people you love and let them know because you can never get back lost time with them.
Hugs!!!

2 comments:

Debi said...

you are one of the (more than) 3 people i love!!! so i'm letting you know :) congrats on finishing the hat, he will love it. see you tomorrow!

Angelictoo said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwww friend I have found a good friend and kindred soul in you. I am the one who is blessed to have you in my life. Our other girls also enrich my life at every smile, laugh or moment we spend together! Hugs!