Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Pot Scrubber













Today's ramble includes a pot scrubber I made. There has been a lot of chatter lately about using nylon in dishcloths and here is my answer. I did not buy it by the yard from a bold of tulle but from a roll of about 25 yards. I popped off the ends and removed the cardboard. I then cut it in half (width wise) and then each piece in half (WW). Therefore, I got 4, 25 yd pieces that were one long strip each. I made this pot scrubber using the pineapple stitch I told you about in my post a couple of days back (in my Kitty Purse) . It will be a gift so I have not tried washing dishes with it, but I can say it will do a fabulous job. The rolls of tulle are either in fabric stores in the bridal section or I bought mine at Hobby Lobby in the Fabric Dept. It was about 5.00 US monies and comes in a LOT of colors. You just carry it along with your regular thread. Any stitch could be used for a dishcloth can be used for this method.
Give this a try. It is so easy. I think you could make a foot scrubber out of this too but I doubt you would want to use it on any other skin. You may be tougher than me though...LOL
OK so the heat. UGH someone turn off the sun please. It is time for cool weather to start coming in. We are whipped here in Texas from the heat.
Let me know if you try the nylon tulle idea. I enjoy exploring new ideas.
Be well and blessed in all you do!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: