Monday, August 25, 2008

Phone Calls

I have to blog this because it made me snort laugh. Anything that entertaining and I have to share.
When you receive a wrong number call, and you actually tell the caller they are mistaken, you expect no more calls. Not so with some people. Hold on tight this gets funny!
The first calls I think I told you were while I was getting dressed for my trip to Irving for my car. I was in a hurry and nervous. After 2 times of the machine catching the calls, I picked up and told the lady (I assume elderly) she had the wrong number. She called back. I said "Seriously, you have the WRONG number!" She called back 5 more times only once leaving a message on the machine. OK 9 calls is a lot of wrong number calls. When I returned home, I called her back (don't you just love caller ID?). I told her again "Private residence...NOT an apt management office. You see the issue at hand was no AC working in the apt, and other maintenance issues. I know I would be miserable if I had no AC, so being the nice lady I am, I was trying to help. I thought she was all straight (saying it was her daughter's apt and she had her grandson over there and he is 5 and it is hot) [I was right on the elderly part] . She called back the next day. Not once did she call but 3 times. I thought if the machine picked up, they would get the message. I found out it was her daughter this time using her phone. I call back. I give them the same info again. OK the calls stop (that was Wednesday last week)
Today, the phone rings from a Popeye's Chicken place. I let the machine get it and it is the daughter again. I try to pick up during her message and she keeps talking to the machine and hangs up....she cannot hear me I guess. I was LOUD...lol If you know me you know she must have been confused. I call Popeye's. I figure she is at work. She is and the person who answered the phone sounded none too happy. The daughter came to the phone and I explained. She explained her side and I went to my computer to look up the real number. The apt number is 1 number different from mine, just one! Instead of calling Popeye's and the hateful person there I call her mother. (BIG mistake!) I explain who I am, what has happened and giver her the correct number.
I SWEAR to the heavens.........the phone rings and it is coming from Popeye's. Wrong number again! I give her the right number (I have googled it...LOL) and send her on her way.
Now these people were nice and never rude and I was never too rude, but can you just imagine??? If the phone rings again from them, I will surely let you know!

No comments: