Saturday, August 2, 2008

Hello Purse!!

I hope everyone who sees this is well and blessed. I am and I like to know others are. We had a storm come in on Wednesday night and knocked down fragile trees and out goes the power. The computer modem was fried and it was very hot until the ac came back at around midnight.Thursday I spent the night getting back online and sacrificing to the freon gawd. LOL I missed that ac in this heat!!!
I am posting my latest purse creation and will
do a tut for the stitch I used. The name of the stitch is the pineapple stitch and I LOVE IT!!!! It is very cool.
This picture is the close up of the stitch. It is easy and gives a great look.
Basic Instruction: insert hook in stitch indicated yo pull through, insert in next stitch yo and pull through, yo and pull all 3 loops on hook. the next stitch is insert hook into the last stitch you used on the previous stitch , yo and pull a loop through, insert hook in next stitch yo and pull through, yo and pull through 3 loops on the hook. In other words, you will dive into each stitch 2 times.
In days of yore, this stitch was used with differ
ent colors on each row so you could see the horizontal bars better. Variegated yarns work well too as in my project. Here it is...My Hello Kitty Pineapple bag. I still need to line it and give it a solid bottom. I am trying to resolve that issue with how would I wash it? LOL I am thinking maybe some sort of plastic?? What do you all think?The bottom is oval and a bit whankie in the picture but will look better when I am done and that picture will come soon. Isn't Kitty cute???? I love her and try to use my craft skills to make one of a kind items for my own uses.

No one ever leaves a comment (except scriggles....ty my dear friend!!!) Leave me a comment if you like this bag or need help with the stitch. It is easy and you should give it a go!!! Many Blessings!!!!

3 comments:

Annet said...

What a fabulous kitty purse!

Linda said...

I love to learn new stitches. This one looks like it will be easy to use in many different types of projects.

Linda K
http://thoughtsNspots.blogspot.com

Angelictoo said...

Thank you so much!! I hope you try the stitch. I use it in dishcloths and purses and coasters...I love it!!! TY again!!!