Monday, August 4, 2008

Baby Hoodie




































OK I can finally post the pictures of the baby hoodie I made. The Mom has received it and it finally came together as I had hoped. I made the gift tag from the invitation. My Mother wanted to see the finished product and there it all is!!!


The tutorial I will post from this project is the tie cord. It is easy, simple and makes a sturdy cord. This is called the Flat Faux Braid:

ch the number of stitches you will need for length. 3 sc in second chain from hook and 1 sc all the way to last stitch where you will sc 3 times in same st. Now sc in each chain up the back side of the ch to the end where you will sl st in first sc. now if you look at the center of this cord you will see what looks like a ladder.
Insert hook under first bar of ladder and up through next space. yo and pull yarn up to top of cord. yo and draw yarn through both loops on hook . Essentially you will be sc in the ladder bars all the way to the end. at the end, fasten off and weave in ends.
You can see the cord in the detail picture of the hoodie pics above.
Let me know if you need help with this. Give it a try....easy peasy!!!
It is very hot here today so I am off to get a cold bath and play in the bubbles before I am forced to get dressed!
Blessings to you all and may peace be your guide.

No comments: