Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Free Crochet Wishcloth

Loves me Knot ©2009 Angelictoo
This wish cloth is designed to have raised “knots” for excellent exfoliation.
Click on pictures for larger view!
Hooks: one size J and one size K

Yarn: any 100% cotton will work great! If you want a “scrubbie” you can carry along strips of tulle with yarn. This makes an excellent “loofa” type scrubber.

Terms:

fl = front loop

st = stitch

yo = Yarn over

There is no set number of stitches so it can be made any size. (I will demo with 30) Sample is worked with less


With K Hook, chain 30.
Change to J hook from here on out

Special stitches:

begHLK: insert hook under both loops of first sc yo draw up loop. Insert hook into fl only of next st and draw up
loop, yo draw yarn through all 3 loops on hook.
HLK (Hite Love Knot) in last stitched worked, insert hook under both loops. Yo draw yarn through st. Insert yarn into fl only of next stitch, yo draw up loop yo draw yarn through all 3 loops on hook. 1st stitch made. 2nd stitch, insert hook into last st worked (under both loops) yo draw up loop. In next st, insert hook into fl only yo & draw up loop now yo and draw yarn through all 3 loops on hook. Each stitch will be worked twice.


Row 1: only this row is worked off pattern. sc in second loop from hoop. Sc in each st across. (29 sc)

Row 2: begHLK in first sc of row. HLK to the last sc. Sc in last sc of row. Ch 1 and turn.


Continue Row 2 until cloth is as tall as you like. This can make a great back scrubber too if you make it long enough. Weave in all loose ends. Enjoy!

If anyone finds a mistake in the pattern, please let me know & I will fix it asap!

Be Well, & Be Blessed.
This is a close up of the "KNOTS"

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the look of this stitch. I want to make spa baskets for the gals in my famiy for Christmas and this will definitely make a great face cloth.

Thanks for sharing with the rest of us. Can't wait to try this.

Judy in OK

Angelictoo said...

Thank you Judy. I know you will love the texture!!! I hope to make several cloths for my kitchen in my new colors. I know it will be a great scrubber!!!

Sheri L. Adams said...

Nice cloth. But what is a wishcloth? I know what a washcloth is, but what is a wishcloth?

Sheri from PIC

Anonymous said...

I like the stitch. It's interesting. Is it a slanted front post?

Angelictoo said...

A wishcloth is a dish/wash cloth...lol You could use it for both so I coined the word *wink*

Angelictoo said...

The stitch is one I came up with while playing around I call it HLK (Hite Love knot) Instructions are in the pattern!

Lynn said...

I also like the look of that wishcloth. Very cute and I think it looks great in pink (although would clash with my red kitchen).

Angelictoo said...

Thank you Lynn...make it in any color!!! There are so many wonderful brands of cotton out now. I love "I Love This Cotton" from Hobby Lobby. It is soft and oh so fabulous to work with!