Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Flowers

In looking for reasons to smile and be happy today, I decided to capture my flowers forever in pictures. I am so excited to share them. I am not much of a gardener, but women in my family have had green thumbs before me and I hope to add a little plant life to this earth and help cool it down & provide oxygen. As I plant my trees, shrubs, and flowers, I reflect on life and its meaning. I doubt any of us ever know our true purpose or when/where/how our journey will end. I wonder sometimes if I want to know or do I just want to have fun along the "Yellow Brick Road". Isn't that what Dorothy learned so long ago? Experience life along the way, make friends you can depend upon and know that home is where you can return and feel safe and warm. My flowers anchor my personal roots. My soul does not live in Texas. It stays here with me because I still have part of my journey here. I know my soul flies over the mountains to breathe in the cool crisp air then comes back to me refreshed. Look at my beautiful flowers and reflect on their beauty and connect them to your life. Let them make you happy and refresh your soul. My cousin's funeral was today. I could not be there. My sadness is very deep and still hurts more than words can say, but she loved to have flowers and vegetables etc, and I know she understands I found some peace in my flowers....with her there blessing my efforts.
Please enjoy!
Be blessed & be well.



Type of rose moss above & next few pictures




Marigolds above

I dont know what the flowers above are, but I love their beautiful color. They seem to like a lot of water and I need to give them some Miracle Grow. Maybe that will make them happy too!


Angel Wing Begonias above


Dahlias above and below



1 comment:

penney said...

Thank you for sharing all your flowers I love them they are so pretty.
Penney from atmyhouse crochet/knit list