Monday, June 24, 2013

WEEK 13 DISHCLOTH

I seldom discuss the yarn I am using because I often can't remember what it is if I lose the label & I often do. I know this one however. I used it to make Katy's (my niece) prince doll. It is "I Love This Cotton", the house brand for Hobby Lobby in Taupe. I just have to say that after weeks of using other kitchen cotton brands, this yarn feels like silk in your hands. It is beautiful and shiny. It just makes me happy. This is week #13 and I enjoyed it thoroughly. After working the pattern on 2 rows and getting the hang of the pattern, I didn't look at the instructions again. I then got into my rhythm  and it worked up quickly. It is beautiful and in this yarn could be a beautiful scarf someday.
I did not follow the pattern completely I must confess. Now don't be rogue and do as I do. I have my own quirky style. When  I start something on a straight chain, I do not chain. WHAT??? Yes I said it I do not chain. I make a sc start chain. It keeps an item from being shorter on the beginning side than it is on the ending side. I call this afghan hell. Until I learned this trick, I live in afghan hell. Ripple afghans showed it off worse than most. No more Hell for me!!! I started this cloth that way. My other venture from the pattern has to go with starting side chains or chain ups. I never count them. I make the pattern stitch right beside the chain up. That is why it has a scalloped edge (slight but I see it). I prefer that to working in a chain up. I just hate that. OK that is all I did differently. I can tell you are surprised...LOL
Please try this pattern. It is so pretty!!! You will love how it looks in person. This yarn is so soft I may make a scarf from it in this yarn. (Now what color???)
You can find this pattern HERE. Go get your hooks!!! You won't regret it!!!!
Many Blessings!!!

1 comment:

Jill @ BeingSpiffy said...

You crack me up! Feel free to embellish as you wish. ;)