Saturday, July 13, 2013

I do more than you think, I learn proper Wrapping!

I have been sick for 2 weeks now. Some days were good, some not so good. Today is not so good. Last night was a getting not so good night and I hurried through finishing a gift for my beautiful daughter. Now let me say she won't mind but I am sick (pun intended) that I screwed up the end of it and didn't notice til I bound off and was taking my proud pictures. *SIGH* I won't fix it and my kid won't mind.  I will be embarrassed forever though. I guess I got off count of the rows I was on somehow. 

The top picture shows how I totally screwed up. UGH It is a Tiger Paw for her beloved Clemson Tigers. I am so mad at me but to my sanity, I have been very sick!! OH well. It will be OK.  The next picture shows how I learned I was twisting stitches when I was purling the stockinette row. I called my Mother and together we figured it out. Now I make pretty uniform stitches. I never noticed it until I did this pattern and it is very obvious here.  Now I need to focus on purling in a new direction. Wrapping the yarn makes all the difference. in the arrow picture, every other row is the one with the legs twisted. It was simply the way I wrapped the yarn over the needle. 


Just when you think you know it all, you are not too old to learn new things. Notice your stitches and their general construction. It really does matter. Half of this project is twisted and the other half is not but still screwed up. 
I don't just craft dishcloths, but living in Texas, I have no use for sweaters, scarves or hats. Being Menopausal doesn't help either. I do some of those things for charity but not for self or for people I know live here. 
I think my calling will be socks. Since I cannot wear pretty shoes, I opt for wearing pretty socks. I will be casting on very soon. I am ready for some pretty socks.
Many Blessings to you all.

No comments: