Sunday, April 19, 2009

First Rose



Today was the first day my first rose was in full bloom. I believe this rose is established and will do fine. I hope you enjoy the picture as much as I do. The good thing about roses is that a picture lasts forever. Most, no all of the cuttings I tried to root this year are dead. I planted near a fire ant bed and that was not good. I think I will try again but in a pot so I can get the roots better established. This soil is hard clay and not a happy place for rooting I assume. Remember you can click on the picture to see the larger image! Please just enjoy no more words are necessary.
Be Blessed every day and thankful for it!

5 comments:

Quilting Girl said...

Angel,

It is just beautiful :)

Thank you for sharing

Barbara said...

this reminds me of one we had in Granbury. Beautiful, so glad you have one to enjoy. BF

Anonymous said...

Just lovely and unique! Great job! Granny would be proud... Say... Did you steal that plant??? Ha! Ha! :) Bucky! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad someone can grow them, 'cause I can't. It's absolutely gorgious! I'm sure it smells as divine as it looks. Thanks for sharing...since I'll be seeing you soon, I get to pick one...hehe! Love ya Suz

Angelictoo said...

Hey Becky....stealing is wrong LOL O:P Actually this rose is one that Ed gave me for Valentines Day in 2008. I love it so much!!!

Suzie!!!! It smells really good and I hope there is one for you to pick but right now, there seem to only be a few small buds. I hope it keeps growing taller too hahahaha