Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Celebrate Earth Day Every Day!!!



John Denver has an album about Earth Day, our planet, and how we are killing not only it but each other. In his Earth Day Song he says:

Celebrate earth Day,
every day
Celebrate earth Day,
every day
Celebrate land and sea
Celebrate you and me
Celebrate earth Day,
every day

Although I try to be more conscious of the world around me, I am as wasteful as a human can get. My city does not recycle and so I don't either. Shame. One thing I do try to do is plant things. I am not as good as I once was, but I try. These pictures are the pictures of Hope. Hope is my tree from the Arbor Day Foundation in 2007. Here is the story of Hope:
I planted this tree as a twig. Because it was so small, I tied a red ribbon around it so it could been seen. My neighbor mowed it down 3 times, my daughter stepped on it several times breaking it off, and it refused to die. I saw strength in this tree that was the basic story of my life. "Keep getting back up, Grow and refuse to give up" In February of 2008, I transplanted it to my new home across town from where it started out. Last spring, it came back established and the pictures today show how well it is doing. I would say it is about 4 ft tall and is beautiful. It is strong enough to bend in the wind and rise up from nothing to be this beautiful. This tree is my contribution to cleaner air. Next to it is one that we planted last year also from TADF. It is supposed to be a dogwood too, but I don't really know what they are. I will take pictures of the other one soon. Maybe every year I can add a dogwood to the yard and get a nice "crop" of trees going.
I hope you did something good for the earth today and every day ahead. When your day is harsh, think of Hope. I do.
Be blessed.

No comments: