Saturday, April 18, 2009

Another Dan Adventure


I seriously think Dan needs his own blog. He is a 21 yr old cat with more personality than I can ever describe here. His latest tricks include early morning howling and sleeping postions you would not think comfortable. This is one of them. He is sitting on the arm of the sofa with his head on the back of the cushion. He stayed like this for over an hour. He is never phased by the camera unless I am trying to film him howling. I promise to capture that one day.
I have several projects ready to be lined and then I share. Today, I am hoping to work on this office. I need to organize and recycle a lot of items. I must not be the only hoarder, but I am sure ashamed of the way I tend to hold on to things that make no sense. I think it has to do with things in my childhood disappearing without warning. Long story that is only as good as the Oprah show it will air on.
Family update. All seems well with the kids. Melissa & Roy need your prayers to find new jobs. Brandy needs prayers to improve her people skills and to be thankful for 2 jobs when most people have none. Alex my wonderful GS will be 8 in July. I cannot believe this because he is still my fragile baby boy I soothed when he seemed destined to cry 24/7. All of this happened during 9/11 and I think my calm helped him to calm down more than anything else. Ed & I could not be happier. I think when God closes a door, he does actually open a new window. Now let me say I think he opens windows with really bad views, but you have to see the bad to appreciate the wonderful things you are blessed with. Out of bad ashes comes good joy and happiness.
Lexy is doing okay. I think she has picked up fleas from Fort Woof Dog Park, but I will be making a natural rinse to try and kill of the buggers. I will also salt the carpet to rid us of these pests. We are using Halo foods so she should be getting vitamins & minerals she needs.
Yarn updates: I am working on a new project bag and fingerless gloves. I finished a sock for Melissa and packed it in a box I need to mail to see if she can wear it. If so I make the second one. If not, we frog and start over! Okay, off to start this office project. I sure wish Martha Stewart would come help me organize!!! Hey Martha!!!!!

No comments: