Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Gardening Angelic style

Yesterday, I drove to a fellow freecycler's home and cut some pieces off of her roses and took some climbing rose cutting she had pruned earlier. Since it was Fat Tuesday and free Pancake Day at IHOP, I forgot to put the cuttings in water. With roses, this is not a huge issue but you need to get to them asap for success. Today, I ventured out with my screwdriver (tool not drink), scissors, root stimulator, gallon of Miracle grow water, cuttings and Dog, Lexy. I stabbed holes in the ground with the screwdriver, cut new stem openings with the scissors, dipped into the water and then the stimulator and then poked the roses in the ground. This was fun until a stray pit bull mix ran up in the neighboring yard and growled at me & my dog. Good news s he ran off without incident, but I had no phone and could never have gotten away from him. I planted all but 4 cuttings from the peach roses in one spot where I previously had a rose, and the climbers next to the fence. Four of the Peach roses I planted next to a little spot where I have a gazing ball and 2 solar lights. I have bulbs to plant but ran out of steam before I got them planted. *sigh* I have to take it in small doses or I cannot walk afterward. Pray with me that they live, thrive and someday bloom. I would love to have some roses in my yard. Maybe these will like the host and grow quickly and produce beautiful blooms.
Makes me feel good to contribute to growing something living and green.

2 comments:

♥ ♥ ♥ Cold Porcelain by Erika Alvarado said...

I feel like I need to plant something after reading this!!

Angelictoo said...

I always hope to inspire someone somewhere!