Thursday, February 7, 2008

Wine, Women & Wool Thursday!

I am going to the sit & bitch tonight & I am overjoyed! It has been a long time since I was able to join the ladies and I miss them all so much. What am I working on? LOL I have so many things in bags and boxes I have little or no idea. I have the wrap to knit on and a square to crochet. In fact I need to make 2 so I shall be busy. Maybe I can work on those things tonight.
Pain....what a hateful thing to have on you 24/7. People who do not suffer with pain do not understand the limitations it places upon you. For 12 years (as of Feb 28th) (and yes it was a leap year that year too) I will have been suffering the worst pain known to man. From my spinal cord injury all the way to today with my knee joints degenerating as fast as I can think. 2008 will be a year for me to seriously take inventory, not only of my belongings all in boxes now but of my life and my way of life. I must lose weight. It is a burden I can no longer carry. Literally. I would have bariatric surgery and my insurance pays for it but no doctor will do it without a lot of money up front. I live on a fixed and below poverty income so how do I save up that money? OH WELL....for me to solve. I ask that you pray that I very soon can get in the swing of things and get my life cleaned up, cleared up and organized so I can move ahead. Right now, I am just not there. I may not get there soon. Tomorrow is a new opportunity to not only start over, but to start out happy. To build from the ashes of the day before. I say this because I will be hobbling in to the craft group tonight with joy and less frustration because my ladies make me feel good and make me laugh. This makes it the reason I go. I hope you have something like this in your life. I hope you can laugh in the face of adversity. Be brave and just laugh.
Blessings to you all.....Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Angel,

Glad that you are going to knitting tonight. I will be going in Saturday so I have had to skip tonight :( I have you in my prayers and really hope He shows you the path. I understand daily pain in my own life and probably not to the extent that you do. My biggest issue right now is just being depressed and not always knowing why. Maybe I will see you Saturday? Take care of You!!!

Hugs, Heidi