Thursday, January 24, 2008

Winter Weather Event



Pictures are of the red hat I made for my partner in my crochet group. I love it and plan to make more of them. It is very round and feminine. The inside looks like it is felted so I turned it wrong side out for that effect. Here is the pattern. Enjoy. If you have questions about what I did to it, please email me about it.
OK so here in North Texas, we seldom see winter weather as the northern USA sees it. We generally get ice, maybe some unexpected snow flakes at weird times of the year and sleet is a friend of ours. Tonight may be no different. We are supposed to have freezing conditions with rain forecast. Now this translated means ICE. The grocery stores will be jam packed and people will go nuts thinking they wont be able to get out of their homes for 24 hours. It is quite a site and I enjoy the process myself. Too bad I cannot take videos for you. It would be fun. There wont be a canned veggie anywhere in town. I find the entire performance funny.
I am going back to packing up the bathroom now and getting ready for a sleep over at the new house. We are having supper here (Frito Chilli Pie) and then a trip to the street with trash and then unload a load at the new house and then rest. Tomorrow is a busy day for me as I have to start working in the new house....LOL Prayers are requested!!!
Be well!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Angel,

I love that hat! If I ever master the art of crochet, I would love to make those for my girls.

I actually made it to knitting on Saturday! Got my hair done next door and got to visit a little bit.

Hope to see you soon and you are in my prayers for sure.

Hugs, Heidi