Monday, February 8, 2016

My New Curly Hair Experiment

Here I am again trying something new. My hair is thick, course and naturally curly. I kept hearing people talking about shampoo stripping the hair. My issue was frizzy and dry looking hay. When my niece posted to facebook that she would never use shampoo again, I was skeptical. Then, I got brave and now here I am blogging. 

I stopped using shampoo today & I mixed up my new concoction. These pictures are post treatment because I am an idiot and didn't think to take before. *SIGH*
take my word it was dry and fuzzy. 
What did I use?? OK here goes:
Liquid coconut oil (found in cooking oil section ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ)
A bottle of tea tree oil
A bottle of grapefruit oil

I mixed these together and after I wet my hair, I massaged it into my scalp and into thevends of the hair. I used about 2 tablespoons for my hair length/thickness.
Then, I let it sit while I finished my shower ๐Ÿšฟ. I then rinsed my air thoroughly. I wrapped my hair up in a towel and got dressed. I did not brush nor comb my hair. I ran my fingers through my hair and kinda scrunched through it. I then let it dry naturally. 
For day 1, I think it looks pretty good. Tomorrow will be the biggest test. I will snap what it looks like rolling out & finger combing it out. 
Stay tuned....... ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

No comments: