Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Baby quilts and other projects that can't wait!

When you are making baby quilts, it is something that just won't wait. I have had 2 baby items lately that I was asked to make (both boys)  and the babies didn't wait on me. 
Baby Carter's quilt was finished 2 days before he was born but is still here at my house waiting on my daughter to arrange a visit. Sigh. The strings in the middle are for tying it to a stroller or carrier.  It was supposed to be a nautical theme. This was fun and challenging. Character quilts are fun yet challenging to make. 
Baby Heath got here 2 days before it was finished but the top was done. That counts right?? The fabric in this one is what really counts. It is so cute. 
I hope both quilts are loved to pieces; not treated like museum art. Quilts are made to be loved, used slept under, rolled around on the floor with, sat on, used as a roof on a fort and LOVED!!! 
My third quilt is still coming together and I will post more soon. Know that I am getting to make a girl quilt this time! 😀😀😀
TTFN stay tuned!! 

No comments: