Thursday, July 26, 2012

I am Home!!

I went on a 21 day tour of 12 states with my best friend in the world. We met in High School when no one seemed to want to make friends with the child of a cop/security manager. Our Mothers made quick friends and both were nurses...saving lives, giving service to the public and doing God's work. This managed to trickle down to their daughters and grew into a friendship that didn't need a daily chat or even over years we could lose touch but never the love we had for each other. She is like a sister to me. I am the older sister but sometimes, she is the wise one. She inspires me with her generosity, her love, her advice, and her genuine care for me. I cannot explain how often I have thought of her and just smiled. My kid loves her so much she calls her "Aunt Linda". Our kids didn't grow up together but they know each other and like cousins could be there for each other if needed. Our adventures were very Thelma and Louise like. I am Louise because I have been told I resemble Susan Sarandon. (I am sorry Susan....You are way more beautiful than me but I am flattered to even be compared) We didn't go over any cliffs but funny enough we were very close to the edge of a cliff in Glacier National Park. LOL! I am very tired and have been a slug the last 2 days but so blessed to have had the experience. God looks down on us and gives us what we need. I needed this more than you know. I had never been to North Dakota and I must say there were a lot of beautiful things I saw there. Today, I take time out and say Thank You to Mark & Linda, My Lord and King, and most of all, my man Ed who let me venture out and have a lot of fun thousand of miles from his loving arms. He is amazing and incredibly loving to live on his own. He has also been very loving about my need to veg out for a few days.
If you have people in your life that you love and who love you in return, take the time today to give thanks, tell them you love them and count your blessings. 

Be well.....Angelictoo

No comments: