Saturday, July 21, 2012


Sometimes, you just have to learn something new and make it into a gift for a friend. I did this recently after browsing Pinterest for a while. I saw the tulip stitch and just had to try it. I am in North Dakota visiting a very good friend from my High School days and thought....."Hmmmm maybe something for her that she can't buy."
These are her favorite colors. Since we had just returned from Glacier National Park, I also thought of the Mountains and big Montana Skies. After all that thinking, I remembered she also favors the tulip as her flower of choice. 
Now I ask you ~ WIN WIN? Why of course!!! It is made out of kitchen cotton. I used the pattern found here: http://foothillsofthegreatsmokymountains.blogspot.com/2008/03/tulip-stitch-cloth.html
This pattern could be made any size and for any reason. I will try it again for sure. The only thing I may change is the chain 3 that makes the loop. I might want it more closed up so therefore will change it to a chain 2. That will still give enough space for your "tulip" but close up the gap a bit. 
Give it a go, see where it takes you and have fun!!!

No comments: