Saturday, July 21, 2012

Even after all the joy over my former post, today is a sad day in my life. I lost my dear sweet Deddy 1 year ago today. I cannot tell you how many times I have picked up the phone to call him and stopped in my tracks to the sudden realization that he is gone. He will not answer the phone, make me laugh or spout off some words of wisdom. Even as a grown woman with my own kids and 1 grandchild, I still needed him to tell me things would be okay. I have to honor him today by just being the person I need to be, standing up for things I believe in and making choices according my beliefs. I know that when my earthly body is done, he will once again lead me, care for me and help my soul over into it's next works. Of course none of the things I am writing make me feel any better. My heart is still heavy and sad. I will try very hard to try and overcome this sadness and carry on but for now, all I can do is remember, reflect and cope. I miss you Mista Jim. You were my first love, my guide through many storms and no matter what happened between us, we knew we could come back together and our love would heal all wounds. May you be resting in the arms of our Lord and all your pain be over forever.

No comments: