Monday, March 16, 2009

Toe Up Sock round 3


I had to frog this new technique about 8 times. I think I finally got it right. I am on round 3 of the sock pattern and exhausted. The Eastern cast on is very nice and neat bt it was awkward to learn. Thing is, I could see when it was wrong. Now if that makes me an experienced knitter, then I guess I am. This sock will be very pretty and I cannot wait to get it going. The Kitchner Stitch on a toe is nice but this method is smooth and so nice to look at. I do not have small delicate hands so for me it was tough to get it going in the round. The instructions were also a bit vague about moving to 4 needles. I figured that one out with the help of my Mother. (Thank you Momma) I left the picture of my sock to be up above and you know you can click on it to see the better picture, so take a look. Leave me an opinion. I hope to get more done tomorrow. Tonight, I am sick of ripping it out.
Today, before the knitting, my beloved Ed went with me to a freecycler's home and we picked up landscape edging. Now let it be known that I drive an old Buick Roadmaster, and she thinks she is a truck. I have hauled a lot of stuff. These concrete edgers were so heavy, that my car looked like a low rider. Most of them are still in the car. I do not know where I will be putting them, but I hope to clean them good and paint them first. What do you think of red? maybe green? Ed is a gift from God. He loaded all of that stuff and tomorrow will do the majority of the unloading. I should make a plan so I don't move them too many times. *to do list*
What else is up? Not much the ground is so wet it squeaks when you walk on it. Ed put the last of my roses in the ground today so I hope they do ok. The climbing roses look good, but the peach roses do not look so good. I will cross my fingers for these yellow ones. *Thank you Debi*
Ok Be blessed and may peace guide your decisions today and every day.

No comments: