Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Free Crochet Wishcloth


Ok so what is a wishcloth? It is a crocheted, homemade cloth that can be used as a dish cloth or wash cloth.Today I will give you instructions to make one that I feel has a lot of thickness, strength and yet soft enough to use on your delicate skin. I call it the Wishcloth. Please enjoy.
The stitch is not fancy and I did not invent it. I will just tell you how I use it.

Hook size H
Cotton Yarn (I used Sugar & Cream)

The pattern math is a multiple of 2 plus 3 for the end chain up.
For this cloth, I chained 43
sc in the 4th chain from the hook (ch 3 = 1st dc-ONLY here) *dc in next ch, sc in next chain* repeat * to * to the end of the row. You should end with a sc. ch 3 turn Now listen closely here you need to dc in the last sc of the previous row. Your chain 3 up for this row will never count in your stitching. This makes sure you don't have those pesky holes in the ends of the rows. Alternate sc in the dc and dc in the sc to the end of the row. This second row is the only time you will do a sc in the top of a turning chain up. When you sc in that chain up, you will ch 3 and turn. Now on Row 3, dc in the last sc of the previous row and sc in the dc of the previous row all the way to the end of the row. SC in the last dc of previous row (
do not stitch into the ch 3 turn) ch 1 (this ch 1 never counts as a place to stitch into either) and turn sc in the last dc of previous row and continue in pattern to the end of the row. Clear as mud? I hope clearer.
I made about 40 rows or until it was a big as I wanted. You can judge for yourself how big to make it.
I gave this wishcloth a try out, test drive last night before this post. OMG it holds soap so well I could use less. It was a soft scrubbie, did not hurt my skin but exfoliated dry skin really nicely. Please if you find this, try it and have an opinion or question, ask me, let me know. I will work with all comments and questions as best I can. I feel like anyone who makes it will love it as much as I do. I cannot wait to make more for my kitchen. If you carry a strand of tulle along with the cotton, it will be an awesome scrubbie for the kitchen. You can buy it on the roll at most craft stores and cut it into strips as wide as you want by removing the cardboard tube and cutting it across the roll....give that a try! It works great!
Don't forget to click on the picture above to see a larger image.
Be Blessed!

No comments: