Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Girls loved their gifts

The girls loved their birthday & half birthday gifts this past weekend! They were born on the same number day 6 months (plus a lot of years) so they share birthday numbers. My daughter started the whole half birthday celebrating.
(O
xymoron?) I don't know! The pictures are of the girls posing with their treasures. I was surprised that Kendall loved the doll as much as she did. Now she has ordered one for her whole birthday. I have another order for one that I need to start soon. I will maybe make some for quinceaneras too. So many people love her. The sequins did not hold up well on Kendall's bag but they looked cute for a while. I taught her to crochet while she was here. In just 2 days of working with her, she left knowing how to chain and single crochet. WOW!!! Isn't that awesome??? I do so enjoy teaching someone a craft. It gives them something to believe in and know they have it anytime they want solace.
Be blessed and be well!!!

2 comments:

hambysandie said...

Your gifts turned out beautiful. You have real talent. I know I couldn't do either project. Heck, I cant even get my garden started. lol.
I hope all is well! And tell Ed hello!
TTYL
Sandie :)

Anonymous said...

I need to get back to my crocheting but am trying to keep up with house work and yard work. Not getting much of that done though. You are so talented. Tell Ed hi.
Julie